Submit Your Grant for Animal Awareness on August 21st
It’s August, and our charitable initiative for the month is Animal Rescue Awareness. As we mentioned in the previous newsletter, about 6.5 million companion animals enter U.S. animal shelters nationwide every year. Approximately 3.3 million are dogs, and 3.2 million are cats. Our animal shelters really need our help!
That’s why, for the second year in a row, CCF will issue grants to selected animal shelters in need of financial assistance. But first, we need your help. From August 21-25, we’re accepting nominations for animal shelters that qualify for financial assistance. That’s where you come in. We’d like to hear from you about the rescues and shelters that mean so much to you ─ whether you volunteer there, have adopted an animal through them or have some other special connection to a shelter or rescue of your choice. All nominations must include:
1. The name of the organization.
2. The organization’s 501(c)(3) status and Tax ID number.
3. The contact person and/or website of the organization.
4. A short paragraph about the shelter, why it means so much to you and why it deserves CCF’s support.
To be eligible, organizations:
1. Must have their 501(c)(3) status and a Tax ID number.
2. Must have been in business for at least three years.
3. Must foster, shelter or offer direct aid to animals in need. If they’re not a shelter, at least 80 percent of their fundraising must be dedicated toward rescue or shelter services.
4. No nominations for such activist organizations as PETA.
5. Organizations that support domesticated animals as well as non-domesticated animals are welcome.
6. Eligible organizations must reside and operate within the United States.
We’ll be accepting nominations for shelters starting Aug. 21 until Aug. 25, 2017. Any Carrington Associate can nominate a shelter or rescue.
Once we’ve received all the nominations, CCF will choose who to support. So stay tuned for information on how to submit your favorite rescue or animal shelter. And if you have questions about the nomination process, contact Shelly.Lawrence@carringtoncf.com. Let’s help our shelters, and the animals they care for, get the support they deserve!
Please note: No need to ask Associates around you to vote multiple times for the same organization. One entry per rescue organization is sufficient. Look for an email on Aug. 21 for how to submit your organization.