Help Out During the Holidays, and After
Are you still looking for a way to get involved this holiday? Here are a few simple ideas on ways to give back to your local community and spread the holiday cheer:
- Bring baked goods to a local homeless shelter or domestic violence shelter
- Make holiday cards to bring to children in the hospital to spread cheer
- Volunteer at a Soup Kitchen or Food Bank
- Make a donation to a Cause that means something to you and your family
- Donate gently used clothing and household items (jackets and blankets are always appreciated this time of year)
And after the holidays are over, remember that nonprofits need volunteer assistance throughout the year to distribute food and supplies, conduct phone and mail campaigns, staff events and much more.