DEADLINE EXTENDED: Animal Awareness Grants!
Our charitable initiative for August is Animal Rescue Awareness. For the fourth year, CCF will issue grants to selected animal shelters in need of financial assistance. We’ve extended the deadline to Friday, August 30, 2019. That’s the last day we’re accepting nominations for animal shelters and animal rescue organizations that qualify for financial assistance.
We need your help. We want to hear from you about the rescues and shelters that mean something to you ─ whether you volunteer there, have adopted an animal through them or have some other special connection to the shelter or rescue of your choice.
Please note: There’s no need to ask Associates around you to vote multiple times for the same organization. One entry per rescue organization is enough.
To be eligible to nominate an organization, Associates must be: enrolled in Casual for a Cause; have participated in at least two volunteer events during the past year; OR have been a CCF donor during the past year.
All nominations must include:
1. The name of the organization.
2. The organization’s 501(c)(3) status and Tax ID number.
3. The contact person and/or website of the organization.
4. A short paragraph about the shelter, why it means so much to you and why it deserves CCF’s support.
To be eligible, organizations:
1. Must have their 501(c)(3) status and a Tax ID number.
2. Must have been in business for at least three years.
3. Must foster, shelter or offer direct aid to animals in need. If they’re not a shelter, at least 80 percent of their fundraising must be dedicated toward rescue or shelter services.
4. No nominations for such activist organizations as PETA.
5. Organizations that support domesticated animals as well as non-domesticated animals are welcome.
6. Eligible organizations must reside and operate within the United States.
We’ll be accepting nominations for rescues and shelters from now until Friday, August 16, 2019. Submit your nomination here.
Once we’ve received all the nominations, CCF will choose whom to support. If you have questions about the nomination process, contact Shelly.Lawrence@carringtoncf.com. Let’s help our shelters and the animals they care for to get the support they deserve!