Animal Rescue Awareness Month
Welcome to August, and our new charitable initiative of the month: Animal Rescue Awareness! As we mentioned in the previous newsletter, there are more than 13,600 community animal shelters nationwide tasked with caring for 7.6 million animals every year. Our animal shelters are overwhelmed – and they need our help!
We’re pleased to announce that CCF has decided to issue grants to a select number of animal shelters that are in need of financial assistance, but we need your help. Currently, we’re accepting nominations for animal shelters that may receive the benefit of our financial assistance. That’s where you come in. We’d like to hear from you about the rescues and shelters that mean so much to you, whether you volunteer with them, have adopted an animal through them or have some other special connection to a shelter or rescue of your choice. All nominations must include:
- The name of the organization
- The organization’s 501(c)(3) status and Tax ID number
- The contact person and/or website of the organization
- A short paragraph about the shelter of your choice, why it means so much to you and why it deserves CCF’s support
To be eligible, organizations:
- Must have their 501(c)(3) status and a Tax ID number
- Must have been in business for at least three years
- Must foster, shelter or offer direct aid to animals in need. If they’re not a shelter, at least 80 percent of their fundraising must be dedicated toward rescue or shelter services
- No nominations for such activist organizations as PETA
- Non-domestic and domestic animal organizations are acceptable
- Eligible organizations must reside and operate within the United States
We’re accepting nominations for shelters until August 31st, 2016, and nominations can be made by any Carrington Associate.
Once we’ve received and tally all the nominations, CCF will choose a select number of shelters and rescues to support. So don’t delay – e-mail us today! And if you have any further questions about the nomination process, contact us at Shelly.Lawrence@carringtoncf.com. Let’s help our shelters, and the animals they care for, get the help and support they need!