Working Wardrobes/VetNet Walk and More
Carrington Associates are getting outdoors across the country for lots of events to benefit worthy nonprofits. Emilia Castillo, SVP, Treasurer; DeAnn Johnson, Director of Employee Relations; and Yasaman Eghtesadi, Manager, Treasury − all with Carrington Mortgage Holdings − are participating in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk for the Cure, a 60-mile walk over the course of three days to bring awareness and raise money for breast cancer research. You can support Emilia’s effort here, DeAnn’s effort here, Yasaman’s here and Staci Ann's here. They’ve all set goals of raising $2,300 each, and are well on their way to meeting that total.
Deshon Witherspoon, a Senior Loan Officer with Vylla, completed the October 14 Tour de Cure cycling event in Los Angeles for the American Diabetes Association. With a goal of $200 (to help fight diabetes), Deshon exceeded it for a total of $355 in pledges.
The CCF Board has agreed to help support the fundraising efforts of all these Associates we mentioned, who are getting out in their communitites and making a difference!
No matter where you are, there are opportunities to get physical while getting charitable. Check these out:
- ∙ Tour de Cure for the American Diabetes Association is open to teams and individuals to run or cycle. Info here.
- ∙ Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure has events coast to coast. To find one near you, look here.
- ∙ Get out on the links at Oak Creek Golf Club in Irvine, CA, on October 26 for a great day of golf to support Orange County Ronald McDonald House. Register here.
- ∙ The Bloody Fun 5K & 10K race October 28 in Cedar Hill, TX, supports those affected by a bleeding disorder – hemophilia, von Willebrand disease, platelet disorders, and other rare factor deficiencies. This event is being held in tandem with the 8th Annual DFW Unite for Bleeding Disorders Walk. All proceeds from the event benefit the mission and programs of the Texas Central Hemophilia Association (TexCen). Sign up here.
- ∙ Working Wardrobes Second Annual Walk in Their Shoes 5K Walk/Fun Run to benefit VetNet happens November 3 at Lakeview Park in Irvine, CA. Info for sign-up here.
- ∙ The 5K family-friendly, costumed OC Pumpkin Run on the Fullerton Trails in Fullerton, CA, is on November 3. All proceeds go toward encouraging literacy and assisting local youth in need. More info and registration here.
- ∙ Huntington Beach Turkey Wobble has raised enough money over the past seven years to drill 23 fresh water wells in Haiti, Uganda, India, Guatemala, Honduras, and the Philippines. Each well gives clean, fresh water to 1,500 people. The annual 1K, 5K, 10K race on the beach happens this year on November 22. Register here.
- ∙ To find your local Turkey Trot or Jingle Run for charity, just search on this site. Then get movin’!