Associate Basket Competition & the 2018 CCF Golf Classic
You filled boxes, now it’s time to fill baskets! We’re weeks away from the 8th Annual Carrington Charitable Foundation Golf Classic, taking place Monday, October 8, at The Resort on Pelican Hill, Newport Coast, CA. The baskets full of gifts and goodies are put up for bids in the silent auction and there will be prizes for the teams creating the top two baskets that sell for the highest bids.
CCF has raised more than $13 million at its Annual Golf Classic. For the past three years, the Golf Classic has been named a Top Netting Golf Event in Orange County by the Orange County Business Journal.
Basket creating for the Golf Classic silent auction is once again a team effort, so get creative (and there’s no limit on team size). Use those Pinterest-browsing skills to put together themed baskets. Examples: beauty and fitness, movie night, sports teams and tailgate parties, arts and crafts, hobbies, and holidays and vacations. Have fun, be whimsical, and just be sure the contents for the baskets will fit in a 24” by 24” by 24” box for shipping. They should also be insurable for no more than $200 each.
Money raised from the golf tournament and the basket auction goes directly to CCF’s programs that help wounded Veterans and their families. Proceeds support the Carrington House projects, and Veterans Airlift Command, which provides transportation to and from medical treatments for wounded Vets.
We hope Associates will contact anyone who might want to donate unique or exclusive auction items (including gift certificates) that will bring in revenue for the foundation’s Signature Programs. And we welcome referrals to potential new sponsors.
CCF’s Veteran-focused Signature Programs offer diverse support by providing the Mobility, Stability, Purpose, and Prosperity these military heroes need and deserve.
- We provide MOBILITY by financially supporting the Veterans Airlift Command.
- We ensure STABILITY by building customized, adaptive homes for injured U.S. Veterans through Carrington House.
- We promote PURPOSE and PROSPERITY by providing Veterans with new entrepreneurship opportunities and supporting other nonprofits focused on assisting our Veterans’ return to civilian life.
Within the past year, with the money raised at the 2017 Golf Classic, we were able to provide grants to the Veterans Airlift Command, The Honor Foundation, and the Travis Mills Foundation. During 2017 CCF was proud to be able to welcome the Pepper, Clingman, and Glenn families into their Carrington House homes. Three more Carrington Houses are currently in progress in Arizona, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
Fill-the-basket competition rules:
1. Packages must be sent to Phuong Do's attention at 25 Enterprise, 5th Floor, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656, no later than September 27, 2018.
2. All items must fit in a 24” by 24” by 24” inch box.
3. Entire package must be valued at $200 minimum.
4. We’re also hosting Packing Parties during the weeks of 9/19 and 9/24.
Want to make a basket? We need to know who’s on the team and a short description of the theme of your basket. Submit your team here. For specific questions about the basket competition, contact email@example.com.