Memorial Day: A Day for Action
Memorial Day is a wonderful day to celebrate our military men and women for the sacrifices they have made for our country – and there are so many things you can do to honor their service! Here are some ideas for ways to show your charitable appreciation for those in service – on Memorial Day, or any day!
- Visit a V.A. hospital or Veteran’s center: You can always find a Veteran’s hospital or support center in your area by doing a quick Google search. Contact them directly to see what types of volunteer help they need most.
- Volunteer at a local Veteran’s cemetery: If you don’t know of a Veteran’s cemetery in your area, do a Google search or call your local Veteran’s Administration center. You can help out in all manner of ways, from giving tours to helping with maintenance.
- Fly your flag high! Don’t forget to show your patriotism, and your support for our troops, by flying your American flag on Memorial Day and throughout the year!
- Donate blood: You can always donate blood to the American Red Cross, but they mark Memorial Day with a special blood drive. Make an appointment to donate on their website.
- Send a USO care package: For just $25, you can send a care package to men and women who are currently in military service all over the world. Visit www.uso.org or more information.
- Go to a Memorial Day parade: Many cities across the United States hold a special parade to honor our servicemen. You can find one near you with a quick internet search.
Do you volunteer for any Veterans-related organizations or support centers? Let us know, so we can share more ideas with our Associates!