CCF Goes Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness Month
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month and Carrington Charitable Foundation is raising awareness for this disease that touches the lives of men and women around the world. On Thursday, October 8th, CCF will hold a “Wear Pink Day” for Associates to wear pink with their favorite jeans and show their support for Breast Cancer Awareness. Be sure to sport your pink clothing and send pictures to share your support of the cause!
According to the Susan G. Komen Foundation, it is estimated that there will be over 230,000 new cases of breast cancer in the U.S. in 2015. Take a look at these facts to learn more about Breast Cancer:
- As mammography screening rates have increased, more cases of breast cancer have been found at earlier stages, when chances of survival are highest.
- Breast cancer in men is rare, but it does happen. In the U.S., about one percent of all breast cancer cases occur in men.
- Since 1990, breast cancer mortality has decreased by 34 percent. This decline is due to improved breast cancer treatment and early detection.
- Washington D.C., Louisiana and New Jersey have the highest breast cancer mortality rates and Hawaii has the lowest.
- Read more facts and statistics at: http://ww5.komen.org/BreastCancer/FactsandStatistics.html
Carrington Charitable Foundation is proud to support the fight against breast cancer and has donated thousands of dollars in grants over the years to the Susan G. Komen Foundation. We are pleased to announce that CCF plans to make another grant this year and we are honored to contribute to research and patient programs to support our Carrington Associates and their efforts to raise awareness and funds for vital services. Are you involved in a Breast Cancer walk/ run event in your local community? Let us know and learn more about how CCF can support you.
Congratulations to Patricia Garcia who participated in the Avon 39 Walk to End Breast Cancer on September 12th and 13th to raise funds for medical research, clinical care, support services, education and early detection programs. Thank you to her and other Carrington Associates who strive to make a difference and support important causes that impact the lives of others.